8.01.2010

Tears


There are many kinds of tears
to cry some
of them is my greatest fear.
Mommy keeps on telling me to cry when I am hurt.
For her it’s the only way to release the pain.

But daddy is different he doesn’t want me to cry,
I never see him crying and I don’t know why.

My teacher told me that tears are precious,
they remove the stain of pain and anxious

I already saw a lot of people crying:
a baby crying for a milk;
young boy asking a penny;
broken hearted lad and spinster;
parents who failed their marriage.

I saw them crying,
I saw their tears,
my compassion foments
and I cry too.
Why?
I don’t know why?
All I know I can feel
every single 
drop of them.
And I believe 
they are
worth
shedding.

Photo credit.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. All I can say is wow. I read a few of your poems and I'd say you're quite a poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna...you yourself is also a poet...keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete